Maybe this will be a shock to you, but…
As far as meetings go, online are not the same as face-to-face. They need different promotion, too.
A few tips for getting more online guests for you until-recently-face-to-face-traditionalists:
- Go through the list of your club’s past members. Invite them to your online meeting to give a speech. They won’t need to travel and probably won’t have anything better to do anyway.
- Ask your members to invite their spouses / family members with whom they’re sharing a house / apartment. Attending a Toastmasters meeting with your loved one has never been easier!
- Post your speakers and their topics in advance on Facebook. Their friends will want to check them out (especially if they’re sharing some awkward story from their youth).
- That friend who always too busy to join you for a meeting 20 minutes away from the office – now lost their excuse (and everyone has a friend just like that!)
- Post a video invitation from the club president. Or from the prettiest / most handsome Club Officer. Because: Why not?
Now that you have so many guests that you’re always maxing out the limit on your Zoom Pro account, don’t forget the last thing:
It’s likely they won’t join you if you don’t ask them to.
Make sure you do.