How Long Will It Take to Watch The Matrix?
“What kind of question is that? Quick Google Search tells you it’s 136 minutes. And I’ve seen it already”
I see your point.
And yet: There’s a lot more to it than the 136 minutes. If you want to go below the surface, you may want to add:
- 106 minutes to watch Ghost in the Shell – the anime inspiration for Matrix
- 8 hours to read Simulacra and Simulation, philosophical book that influenced the thinking of the authors
- 10 hours to read Orwell’s 1984
- 5 hours to read Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass
- …bunch of more stuff
- …and then finally add the 136 minutes to watch The Matrix, finally being able understand its depth and savor all the cultural references.
I often hear tourists, or my friends, say: “You don’t need more than 2 days for visiting Prague / Bratislava / Budapest / Warsaw.”
Well, maybe. But maybe two weeks are not enough.
It all depends on what you’re looking for.
Note: Inspired by watching Matrix Breakdown by New Rockstars.
Photo by William Bayreuther on Unsplash
One thought on “How Long Will It Take to Watch The Matrix?”
Great, thanks remembering an a-maze-ing movie…unforgettable, nice to know the documentation… Still, i remember i didn’t quite figered out what was the meaning of the speaking on the mobile phone… If you do… thanks for the sweet memory of student life cercle of friend!